Sunday, December 31, 2017

Year in Review: 2017

2017: An interesting year. Started out promising reading/blog wise. Then made a big move. I was still reading, but Good Calories, Bad Calories was a very, very slow read. After that I did not read much. With that being said, I still read some really good books this year.

I read and reviewed 17 books in 2017. I also wrote a post on the Netflix show Narcos and wrote a summary of some classic movies I watched at the beginning of the year. Given that I only read 17 books, here are my top 3 books of 2017, along with 2 honorable mentions.

Top 3 Books of 2017:
Quench Your Own Thirst by Jim Koch
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

Honorable Mentions:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Good to Great by Jim Collins

This is usually where I set some goals for the blog and/or reading. I am not going to go crazy for 2018. I will read as I have time and try to consistently write on the blog. It is wild to look back and see posts from 2011. Eventually I want to make an easier way to sort through everything I read. Other than that, let's shoot for 24 books.

Lastly, and what gives me the most joy, is my Christmas book giveaway. This year I only gave away 8 books. But it was still a success. Next year hopefully I read more books so I have a wider selection to give away. It got tough for some of my friends (I try to match each person with a book they would personally enjoy). Happy holidays and a healthy new year! Onto 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment