Sunday, November 6, 2011

Anything You Want by Derek Sivers



Hard to blog when you don’t have power or internet. Hence the hiatus last week. This will be a short post because this was a terrible book. The story initially interested me, but I was left disappointed. Derek Sivers ran a music distribution platform online for independent artists (before the days of iTunes and even before PayPal existed). The book contains a lot of the history of his company, CD Baby. But almost all of it can be found on Wikipedia.

The other part of the book is Sivers saying how easy it is to become successful. I don’t like how easy he makes everything seem. It’s definitely misleading. I’m not sure what the point of the book is. It’s not inspiring in any way. It’s not a how to guide. Mostly it is a waste of time and money in my opinion.

My rating for Anything You Want: 0 stars out of 5. Don’t get it.

P.S. The cover is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment