Monday, April 23, 2012

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks


I read The Lucky One a few years ago, but I thought it'd be relevant to post a short review since the movie was just released this weekend. The main character is Thibault, who finds a picture of a woman while he is overseas in Iraq. When he returns to the U.S., he tries to track down the woman in the photo because it had been his lucky charm and kept him alive. He stumbles into North Carolina and somehow finds the woman in the picture. She owns a dog kennel with her mother grandmother, and soon Thibault begins working there. (Disclaimer: not a huge fan of animals so this was a turn-off for me.) It's no secret they fall in love. And as all of Nicholas Sparks' stories go, the relationship isn't an easy decision because there's some baggage to deal with.

It's your typical Nicholas Sparks book. If you've liked his other stuff, you'll definitely like this one. The ending is intense and climatic. Way more action than his typical books. Since I read it so long ago, I'm not going to provide much of my opinion on it. Something my readers my not have known is that I actually do not watch any of the Nicholas Sparks movies. This was a big surprise when I was discussing it with a friend last week. I have no intentions of going to see The Lucky One in theaters. In fact, I have only seen two of Nicholas Sparks' books-turned-into-movies. 

My rating for The Lucky One: 3.5 stars out of 5. Get it here!

1 comment:

  1. Easily one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. It is thrilling how a man can write such a good love story. It might be typical, but it is worth it. I have an autographed copy I reach for when I have time between writing my own love stories.

    ReplyDelete