Sunday, October 14, 2012

Moonwalking With Einstein by Joshua Foer


This is another book I picked up at the airport on my trip to Chicago. I needed something to read and, with limited choices, Moonwalking With Einstein was the selection. Not going to lie, I didn't finish the book. I probably read seventy-five percent of it on the plane, but I didn't pick it up when I got home. It's not that the book was bad. I just have an exam coming up and I'm in study mode, meaning a book has to be really good for me to finish it.

Moonwalking With Einstein is written in an eerily similar manner to Fooling Houdini, the book I reviewed a few months ago. This book highlights Joshua Foer's pursuit of success in the memory world championships. It's a dorky competition to see who can memorize the most in a short time frame. There is a lot of academic jargon and information about the mind and memory. As much as I like to learn about stuff, this translated into a lot of skimming. I was more interested in his story. I didn't feel the need to finish the book because I had a solid idea of how it was going to end (otherwise he wouldn't have written a book, right?).

This was a good book to pass the time, but I wouldn't tell you to run out and buy it. Now it's back to studying!

My rating for Moonwalking With Einstein: 2 stars out of 5. Get it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment