Sunday, July 4, 2021

The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

As I was getting ready for my honeymoon (and summer in general), I wanted to stock my shelves with books to read. I asked around for suggestions and did some Googling. This was a suggestion and it really caught my eye as a light, fun read. Indeed, that is what it was.

The book is about a husband who disappears when a major fraud occurs at his company. He leaves behind a note for his wife to "protect her", implying for her to protect his 16-year-old daughter from a prior marriage. The wife and daughter do not get along, but they both really want to find out what happened to their husband and father. A U.S. Marshall and FBI agents meet with them to gather more information, but the two go on a journey as the daughter recalls information from her earliest years. They quickly find out he is not the man he pretends to be, as he has a complicated past.

The book is a page turner as you want to figure out A) will they find this guy before the investigators do and B) what exactly occurred in his past to make him go on the run. It is a very easy read as I finished it in one day on the beach. In my opinion, the story was a bit cliché and felt like it was written as a movie script...which it would not surprise me to see this turned into a movie some day. I should also say this is a very new book. It came out in May, so expect to see this book near you this summer.

My rating for The Last Thing He Told Me: 4 stars out of 5. Get it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment