Sunday, August 26, 2012

How Will You Measure Your Life by Clayton Christensen


The title describes what the book is about. The author looks at three aspects of life to measure: your career, your relationships, and staying out of jail. He spends most of his time on the first two. He uses a lot of business analogies and case studies to prove points. I thought he spent more time describing examples rather than relating them to a person trying to measure his or her life.

I wasn't particularly fond of the book. It just didn't do it for me. There were a few quotes that stood out, and I guess I'll share two of them so I don't give a completely negative review. The first: "It's easier to hold your principles 100 percent of the time than it is to hold them 98 percent of the time." The second quote: "The path to happiness is about finding someone who you want to make happy, someone whose happiness is worth devoting yourself to."

I wouldn't recommend reading the book. Not really worth your time. But those two quotes are pretty good, right?

My rating for How Will You Measure Your Life: 1 star out of 5. Get it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment