Sunday, September 16, 2012

Retirement Heist by Ellen Schultz


It's been three weeks since my last post, which I think is the longest gap since I've started this blog. I know people have been visiting the site and I apologize for my absence. I've had some things going on. And I've been studying a lot for my actuarial exam. With that being said, my book wish-list is growing. Hopefully I can make some time to read (and blog).

I've slowly being reading Retirement Heist over the last month. It put me to sleep countless times. I have a lot of background on the industry and terminology, so I didn't find it too difficult to read. But 95% of people would struggle though it. The author shares a lot of facts and individuals' stories that are meant to irk the reader.

I did learn a few things from the book and there's a few things I'd like to research a bit more. But I'm not sure who the book is supposed to appeal to. It's too complicated for the average Joe. It bashes on everyone who could do something about pension issues. So who's it for? And lastly, the author does a decent job of presenting all the problems. But what solutions does she have in mind?

My rating for Retirement Heist: 2 stars out of 5. Get it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment