Sunday, December 30, 2012

Year in Review: 2012

A lot happened in 2012. But not much has changed. Still working at the same place, still living at home, still coaching, still hanging out with the same guys at the same places, still single. I made it out to Wichita, Mount Washington, Chicago, Bloomington, and Louisville. Plus the local places like Philly, Boston, Saratoga, and Rhode Island. And I got a Jeep. Enough personal stuff though. Onto books and blogging...

This year I finished 34 books, compared to 23 books last year. Considering I only read for 6 months last year and I set a goal of 50 books this year, it's a slight disappointment. I also attempted to read 5 books but couldn't stand to finish them...most of them ended up in the junk box. In addition to books, I reviewed 3 movies and 1 CD. Add in a mid-year review, a book battle, a Nook experience, and a few others, and I wrote 44 blog posts this year (including this one)!

Evaluation of Last Year's Priorities:
No spoilers - There weren't any, right?
Consistency - Wheels fell off these past few months. Whoops.
Focus - Read more of what I want to read.
More previews - Eh, I tried to mention when a book recently came out.
Mobile - Does anyone view the blog on their phone?

Top 5 Books of 2012:
The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
Fooling Houdini by Alex Stone
Breaking Night by Liz Murray
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand

Honorable Mention:
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
No Easy Day by Mark Owen
Born to Run by Chistopher McDougall
Personal Foul by Tim Donaghy

Things to look forward to in 2013:
1) Celebrate 100 posts (currently at 68) and 100 books read (currently at 57)
2) Nick's Library's 2nd birthday
3) Meet 2 authors in 2013
4) A new rating system. I said this in July, but I mean it; I want something new
5) Favorite books of all time? Favorite authors?
6) E-reader reviews (Santa got me an e-reader)

Lastly, as with every "Year in Review", I want to tell you about my Christmas giveaway. Each year, I give away books I previously read to friends who would enjoy them. I spend hours matching up each friend with a book, wrapping, and delivering each book either in person or by mail. This year I set a personal record by giving away 18 books! I was happy to hear many friends who received a book last year were looking forward to receiving one this time around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

P.S. I'm trying to take a count of how many followers I have. Click the "thumbs up" box below if you're visiting! Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment