Sunday, July 17, 2016

I'm Back...For Real This Time!

I'm back writing on Nick's Library. I started reading again and plan on sharing reviews. Some history on the blog and where we are today...
  • I started reading books for fun in college. I would discuss them with anyone who would listen, which I admit not many friends wanted to talk about books back then.
  • I started this blog back in the summer after I graduated college (July 2011) as a way distant friends could keep up with what I was reading.
  • I would give away the best books I read as Christmas gifts to friends. I loved that idea.
  • The goal was one book a week. I maintained that until September 2013, when I started dating a girl. And I started focusing more on my actuarial exams.
  • Needless to say, reading (and the blog) stopped for a while. I tried to get back into reading (and blogging) in mid-2014, but that was short lived.
  • A lot of things have happened over the last two years. And a lot of things have changed in the last six months. At the end of the day, I realized how much I enjoy reading a good book. That's just part of who I am and I shouldn't let the hustle and bustle of life overtake that.
Going forward, I'll be posting book reviews like I did in the past. I have a lot of catching up to do since I'm sure there are plenty of good books from 2015 and the first half of 2016. Leave a comment if you have suggestions. I might also reflect back on some of the older posts.

Let's hope this goes on for a while!

P.S. Really strange fact - I was searching for my website and learned that some old advertising guy started his own site named "Nick's Library". He even bought the domain nickslibrary.com. Ugh! I guess if this ever takes off I'll have to come up with a new name. I was the original Nick's Library though - he copied my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment