Sunday, January 29, 2017

After You by Jojo Moyes


Funny story. On Christmas, I received a gift from my cousin - Me Before You. I had just read it a few weeks before and posted a review. I was appreciative of the gift, but I immediately told her I had just read the book. I would have been happy keeping it and possibly giving it away next Christmas, but she insisted on me returning it and getting After You, which is the sequel to Me Before You.

After You follows Lou's life after her work with Will (trying really hard to not give any spoilers on Me Before You). I was skeptical how the story could be continued, but I have to say I was impressed by the first character who is introduced into Lou's life. While it was a stretch, it was still believable. From there, I thought the story was pretty good. More characters come into Lou's life and help her move forward and grow. The story didn't slow down; rather, it kept me on the edge of my seat.

I felt like ending was written like a movie script or something you would see in a movie. That being said, I still enjoyed the ending. It was shocking at first, but I was happy with the very end. It certainly opens the door for the third book to the series.

I realized it is really hard to review a sequel without giving anything away on the first book. Probably won't do this again.

My rating for After You: 4 stars out of 5. Get it here!

P.S. Nicholas Sparks will be speaking in Springfield, Mass. on March 31st at a Women's Leadership Conference. If you read this blog you know I'm a big Nicholas Sparks fan. Plus I try to stay in the loop when a famous author comes to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment