Sunday, January 8, 2017

Year in Review: 2016

I re-launched the blog in July 2016. I had started reading again and was enjoying the books. I felt like I was going to keep reading, which means I could start blogging again. I managed to sustain it through the end of the year. Missed a few weeks, but I made it. I read 13 books in the second half of 2016. Add in a movie review, a tv show review, and a book I did not finish and we can call it a successful year. Only doing the top 3 books since this was really half a year.

Top 3 Books of 2016:
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
To Pixar and Beyond by Lawrence Levy
The Red Bandanna by Tom Rinaldi

Honorable Mention:
Narconomoics by Tim Wainwright
When Breathe Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

The Future:
1) Update the "Blast from the Past" on the right side of the page each week
2) "Top Lists" to recap the best books in the 5+ years of the blog (example: top 5 books for the beach)
3) Other fillers for the weeks I do not finish a book (example: podcasts? audio books?)

Lastly, I am proud to say I did the Christmas giveaway again, where I give away books I previously read to friends who I think will enjoy them. I spend more time than I probably should trying to match up each friend with a book. I wrap them and deliver each book in person or by mail. This year I gave away 10 books. Believe it or not this is something I really enjoy, even if all my friends don't read all that much.

I look forward to what 2017 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment